Lakeview Agape Mission Project LAMP is a short-term mission trip for groups to come and see New Orleans with a wide lens. Work isn’t limited to building and painting, but is meant to show the city from all different perspectives. In their time here, groups will learn about how Katrina affected different parts of the city & how they are still recovering. They will explore the greater New Orleans area with Wetlands education, eat true New Orleans style food. Groups will also experience the city in ways no other trip can provide.
LAMP can host 25 People max and group members must be 14 years of age or older with at least one adult over the age of 25 for every four Group members under the age of 18.
Things to Know
- Lakeview supplies sleeping area, bathroom, shower, recreational and kitchen facilities.
- Groups must supply their own transportation to and from Lakeview and the project sites.
- All Mission Group members must agree to participate fully in the projects that are planned as well as in the Mission Group’s activities and responsibilities.
- Temperatures during the summer can exceed 100 degrees with high humidity; it is vitally important that each Group member stay well hydrated.
- Large and equipped kitchen facilities
- Sleeping areas, showers and bathroom facilities for men and women
- Wireless Internet Access
- Close proximity to major highways
- Minutes from the French Quarter and City Park
- Many local restaurants and entertainment venues within driving distance
- Parking (no RVs or campers)
- Outdoor picnic tables
For information contact Patrick Long the Mission Coordinator at email@example.com